WISEdash is the primary data analysis portal of the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) and provides access to a wide range of public school data covering the topics below. For WISEdash data go to the WISEdash Public Portal or WISEdash A to Z Index of Data Topics. Links to data from other sources are provided below.
Click on a main topic to find data of interest:
DATA ABOUT PUBLIC LIBRARIES
DATA ABOUT STUDENTS
Data about student attainment of academic standards can be used to focus school community efforts on important knowledge and skills that might otherwise go unlearned.
- Wisconsin Knowledge and Concepts Examinations (WKCE) and Alternate Assessments
- Wisconsin Reading Comprehension Test Results - (1993-94 through 2004-05)
- Alternate Assessments for certain English language learners and students with disabilities
- National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
- Wisconsin Results
- An Evaluation of National Progress in Education: An Overview of NAEP (Evaluación Nacional del Progreso Educativo Visión General de NAEP English version Spanish version
Evaluación Nacional del Progreso Educativo Visión General de NAEP Spanish version of Overview of NAEP. It introduces audiences to NAEP, outlines valuable resources available, and details what makes NAEP the gold standard of assessments.
- Data Tools
- State Profiles
- Reading and Mathematics 2013
- U.S. States in a Global Context: Results From the 2011 NAEP-TIMSS Linking Study
- The Condition of College & Career Readiness 2013 Wisconsin ACT
Attendance and Behavior
Students who attend school regularly, who feel safe and valued and make others feel safe and valued, and who choose challenging coursework and activites, are more likely to succeed in school and become caring, responsible, and productive citizens.
- Continuous School Improvement: School Climate Survey
- Youth Risk Behavior Survey
- Service Learning Data Tools
The number and characteristics of students enrolled in each school community vary greatly across the state. The longterm goal for all students is to graduate, college and career ready. To meet this goal, different strategies may be needed that reflect student characteristics, experiences, and cultural differences.
- Public School Enrollment
- Census of Students with Limited English Proficiency
- Homeless Student Data Reports
- Student Eligibility for and Participation in Free/Reduced-Price Meals on our Food and Nutrition Program Statistics page.
- October 1 Special Education Student Counts
- Public School Open Enrollment
- US Census - School District Data
- School/District Search - Civil Rights Data Collection (includes discipline data from the US Dept of Education)
DATA ABOUT SCHOOL RESOURCES
The right school programs, and adequate effective staff and financing to support these programs, are key ingredients of student success.
- School Staff: Salary, Position & Demographic Reports
- Educator License Lookup
- Supply and Demand of Educational Personnel for Wisconsin Public Schools: An Examination of Data Trends
- National Board Certified Teachers (NBCT): About NBCT Standards, Directory Search
Programs (including courses and other offerings)
- Selected Public School Program Data (e.g. kindergarten, high school block schedules)
- Food and Nutrition Program Statistics
- Public School Calendars
- School and Library Broadband Access in Wisconsin, 2012
- Wisconsin Union High School (UHS) System (and affiliated elementary districts)
- Basic Facts About Wisconsin Elementary and Secondary Schools (financial and other information about Wisconsin's school districts)
- School Finance Data Warehouse Home
- Comparative Cost Per Member and Comparative Revenue Per Member
- Revenues and Expenditures for Public School Districts, 2010-11 (Source: US Dept of Education)
- Education Finance Statistics 1989-90 through 2001-02 - District Search (Source: US Dept of Education)
PERFORMANCE REPORTS AND PROFILES
Each report/profile/snapshot linked below covers a wide range of topics focusing on individual schools, districts, and/or states.
- District and School Report Cards
- School District Performance Reports
- Special Education District Profile
- District Profiles - Vocational Education Performance Indicators
- Basic Facts About Wisconsin Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Wisconsin Public Schools at a Glance
- Wisconsin Schools of Recognition
- Historical Wisconsin Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) Reports and Schools and Districts Identified for Improvement (2002-03 through 2010-11).
Publications by National and Other Organizations
- Wisconsin State Snapshot (Source: US Dept of Education)
- An Overview of NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress) [Visión General de NAEP - Evaluación Nacional del Progreso Educativo] English version Spanish version
- International Data Explorer (Source: US Dept of Education)
- Data Quality Campaign - State Progress (Source: Data Quality Campaign)
- Program for International School Assessment (PISA) 2012 report
DATA ABOUT SELECTED TYPES OF SCHOOLS
Almost all statewide summaries linked from this page provide data for all public schools (including charter schools) in school districts and all nondistrict charter schools.
- Charter Schools in Wisconsin
- Virtual Charter Schools: An Evaluation - Wisconsin Legislative Audit Bureau
Schools of the Departments of Corrections and Health Services
Note: Nearly all reporting requirements in state and federal law apply to public schools (including charter schools) in school districts and nondistrict charter schools. A more limited set of requirements apply to schools at the Department of Corrections and Department of Health Services. Since data from multiple collections from multiple types of schools subject to different requirements are often combined to produce statewide summaries, data for this latter set of schools are often excluded from statewide summaries to avoid misleading or inaccurate statistics. Inclusions/exclusions are documented on relevant web pages.
- Public School District Data - Wisconsin Department of Corrections (Source: US Dept of Education)
- Public School District Data - Wisconsin Department of Health Services (Source: US Dept of Education)
Nearly all data reporting requirements in state and federal law apply to public schools. A few requirements apply to private schools. Available private school data are provided below.
- Data about All Wisconsin Private Schools
- Private School Search
- Private School Information
- Private School Enrollment
- Non-Public (Private) School Graduates
- Characteristics of Private Schools in the United States: Results friom the 2011-12 Private School Universe Survey (Source: US Dept of Education)
- Private School Universe Survey (Source: US Dept of Education)
- Parental Private School Choice Program
- Home-Based Private Education: Home Page, Enrollment Statistics